|3rd July||Beyond Champion||08:00||Stableford|
We’re delighted the situation in Beijing is continuing to improve and the courses and facilities are mostly open again – obviously everyone is keen to get back to normal asap and therefore this Sunday 3rd July we’re having a “soft re-start” of BGC tournaments!
Tee-times are booked at Beyond Champion from 8am, you can sign-up as normal on the website and the Eton Kids bus will leave from the Kempinski at 7am.
We’re waiting for confirmation on whether a formal prize-giving will be permitted, however even if this isn’t allowed please give your card to Rainbow after the round and we’ll calculate the results and present the prizes at a later date – there’s a backlog of great prizes from our sponsors so get ready for some big rewards to come!
In the meantime congratulations to the matchplay winners from the weekend (Dan Ciez, Stan Shermer, Nick Hatfield, Tina Morgenthaler, Mike Hughes and Torsten Riedel) – with almost half the first-round matches already decided it’s a great start to the tournament, good luck to the remaining competitors! You can check the full draw & results here.
Thanks and hope to see as many of you as possible on Sunday!
It’s been great to see so many new faces at BGC this year, so below is a summary reminder of the BGC “local rules” – if you’re playing with someone who’s new to BGC then please take the time to help them learn, everyone will benefit! For the full list click here BGC RULES
- BGC Handicap Divisions – this season A division is for handicaps up to 14.0, B division is 14.1-24.0 and C division is for 24.1 and above
- BGC Tees – A division play from blue tees and B & C division play from white tees – all Ladies play from red tees
- OB and Lost Balls – as well as hitting a provisional, at BGC for a 2 SHOT PENALTY you have an extra option to drop a ball in the fairway at the point of entry of OB, or the approximate position of the lost ball
- Preferred lies – BGC always play preferred lies on the FAIRWAY ONLY – you can place the ball in a better lie within one scorecard length of where the ball originally lay
- Max score – in stableford events once you have played too many shots to score a point on a hole then you should pick up your ball and mark an “X” on the card
- Marking balls on the green – caddies can mark your ball on the green, however they cannot line up your ball for you! If they do this then simply re-mark and replace your ball on the green
- Gimmies – there are no “gimmies” in BGC weekly events, every putt must be holed (matchplay events are the exception). If the putt is “unmissable” then just knock it in!
- Ready golf – at BGC you don’t have to play “in order” – even if it’s not your turn (or your “honour”) but it’s safe to play your shot, then go ahead!
- Help your partners learn – there are lots of new and inexperienced golfers who play BGC every week – if you see someone accidentally breaking the rules then please let them know – if they’ve already played then then give them an opportunity to re-hit the shot under the correct rule
Hopefully the above makes sense, more detail can be found on the Rules page – if you have any questions of concerns about any of the above then just ask Rainbow or any member of the committee.
2022 WITH BEIJING GOLFERS CLUB
NEW MEMBERS – YOU CAN HELP!
BGC only exists to support fun golf in Beijing and the more members we have the easier that is! With special BGC discounts on golf and equipment, membership with BGC can actually save you money – we’d love to see a real boost in membership for 2022, so if you know anyone that might like to try golf with us then please invite your friends and colleagues to come along and try – the Polar Classic is a great way to start!
Fees will remain unchanged again this year – Individual Membership RMB 2000, with each additional Family Member receiving a 50% discount on the membership fee – and free for any family members Under-18!
All new members will also receive a handsome BGC gift for all your golf & lifestyle needs!
More information about joining BGC can be found HERE
There are tournaments every Sunday through to the end of November – the schedule can be found here SCHEDULE 2022, however please note that due to the covid-19 situation venues and tee-times will be subject to change so please check regularly for confirmation.
We’re delighted to welcome back our returning sponsors, plus we have some great new sponsors and prizes for 2022! We are always looking for new sponsorship partners so if you know of any bar, restaurant, business, organisation or individual that would like to promote their products or services at our weekly events (and to our 350+ member wechat group) then please let us know.
Most other things will remain unchanged for 2022, come along and join us!
Your BGC Committee
For further information about the new season and help with making bookings at courses on non-BGC days then contact us:
- on this website
- via our WeChat account (Beijing Golfer’s Club QR code below)
- or search WeChat ID 13811441543 (for Rainbow)
- by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- or by contacting Club Administrator “Rainbow” on 138 1144 1543
Introduction to BGC
Come and join the fun with Beijing Golfers Club! We welcome everyone, no matter whether you’re a complete beginner or an experienced golfer – all abilities, ages, genders and nationalities can find a home at the BGC.
- Fun events every Sunday
- Play from March to November
- Discounted green fees
- Play on 8 courses around Beijing
- Transport provided to and from the courses
- Sponsored prizes every week
- New members welcome gift
- Gain an official WHS (formerly USGA) handicap
- Social events and overnight weekend trips
Gaining a Handicap at BGC
Being a member of BGC also offers you the chance to gain an official USGA handicap that you can transfer to other clubs or use when visiting other courses.
When you first join BGC, if you have an officially-recognised handicap from another club then just give Rainbow the details and this will transfer over to BGC and let you start playing handicap golf in Beijing immediately.
But don’t worry if you don’t have a handicap or are new to the game – as per the USGA rules, once you’ve played five rounds with BGC you’ll be assigned a handicap – then the more you play the more accurate your handicap will become.
For further information just check out this article about gaining an official USGA handicap – www.liveabout.com/establishing-a-handicap-1561059
If you have any further questions just contact Rainbow or ask a member of the BGC Committee.